Sunday, April 02, 2006

Annual Dinner 2006

Early in the morning, I went to pick up my car which died on me (on the way to KL) from this workshop inTangkak. Izah gave me a lift but not before stopping by Seremban to sort out her own car issues with Toyota. After I got my car, I drove back to KL whereas Izah drove abah and mak back to JB. I think they stopped by Muar to see my relatives.



Upon reaching back to KL, I went straight to KLCC. Found my way to the Convention Centre where this security guard tried to stop me from entering because I was just dressed badly. Then I registered at the Annual Dinner reception table. The theme was A Night of the Oscars. In my defence, I was going for the after-Oscar party look.

Our senior management actually danced on stage. They are a bunch of wacky people. Adibah Nor compered and sang, Harith Iskander did stand-up comedy, while Ning Baizura was a good singer. But none of them connected with the audience except maybe Harith. AC actually fell asleep apparently.

I sat at two tables. Alternating to eat from both (which were on opposite sides of the banquet hall) but got lazy after the third dish. Collected the door gift and reached home only at 2 am.

No comments: