Thursday, April 13, 2006

AAA: Meeting 4

A day or two ago we met up with Alex who was being considered to play Nik. At that point I had the working title of the move as Almost Always Already. Thus the new posts with the Titles AAA from here onwards. Anyway later that night, I got really upset when I was told that Alex would not be playing the part of Nik. But once again, T saved me from utter despair by arranging a meeting with D.

As usual, I arrived at BSC damn early. I was calling T on my cell when this attractive man approached me. It was D. Sigh. I am thinking, what happen to my local movie: Real ugly people? I have way too many pretty young things on my cast. A arrived. Followed by LLL who brought SP – the antithesis of me – an engineering graduate and ex-potential-minister who builds homes for the homeless.

I didn’t feel hungry. So I ordered just a mocha and had way too many cigarettes. As usual, the conversation got totally weird:

Me: I am thinking of incorporating carpet muncher in my script, just to see the translation – pengunyah permaidani on screen.

D (on Nik and Sarah): They’re breast friends.
Everyone:?
Me (thinking): Great Freudian slip.

T: It smells like Dettol. Makes me wanna puke. Shall we?
Me: Puke?

Thus, we made our way to Chili’s. That was when V and WP showed up. I really cannot remember most of what happened that night. We had food and stuff. We didn’t really discuss anyting important but just got to know each other.

The funny thing was. As most of the people were leaving, I ran into R from VTC. How karmacosmic! We talked for a while about whether he would be interested in making the movie. He said he was totally on board which was way cool.

No comments: