Monday, October 09, 2006

Faking It

I sometimes wonder how can people claim not to know where their money came from? If I came into a bit of money and gave it to my parents, they would ask me where it was from. Besides, if I knew that they would not approve of it, I would not let them come near the money. Is it really ethical to let your parents sow the seeds of your evil deeds?

Corporate governance is a key issue in today’s corporations but the regulators are too stupid to distinguish between sensitive information and trade secrets. In any business, intelligence is as important as operations. Many disclosure requirements are arbitrary and in the end time wasters.

In another story, a man who was supposed to get married discovered that he was already married with one child. It is a mystery how the NRD can make such blunders when presumably the MyKad is a secure and impenetrably encoded that it would be hard for any one to fake it. But there you go.

No comments: