Check out more stuff at Nellie's Blog. Anyways, for posterity, let me record my version of the journey today.
745am: Pick up H at her house
830am: Reached Nell's house where she and Olynn.
900am: Amir arrives.
1100am: Reach Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary.
1200pm: Drinkies at Saudi Cafe. Which btw do not look anything like an Arabic establishment. Sheesh!
1200pm: Visited the Orang Asli Camp. They are from the Che Wek tribe. According to the guide they are a very shy people who rely on the forest. I felt ambivalent about how the camp who was a teacher and Islamic missionary were trying to modernise their lives. Yet retain their cultural heritage. They put on a dance and played with bamboo percussion instruments. I even tried my hand at the sumpit.
100pm: Watched a video about an elephant relocation/rescue. I accidentally poked a girl in the dark whom I thought was Nellie. Oops. Move over Britney!
200pm: Finally feeding time for the pachyderms. While the mammals enjoyed their fruits, Amir and I feasted our eyes on babes in bikinis who were unclear about the dress code. Oh bless them!
300pm: Then my turn to ride the elephants. Woohoo!
400pm: It was a damn hot day. It was great to take a dip in the river, together with our giant friends.
500pm. Time to go home. Hurrah!
And it was virtually free! We only paid for toll, fuel and gave some donations, including the leftover snacks we never ate.
No comments:
Post a Comment