Another evening at No-Black Tie. But instead of the usual jazz or blues acoustic performance, we had poetry. Organised by the British Council, kinda. Jacob Sam LaRose, a non-white (he tried to explain his heritage... which totally confused me) poet from London.
We sat almost in front of the stage: David, Han, Sara and meself! There was the obligatory open mike session which was not so good but only a little less impressive - such audicity and courage! David nearly convinced me to read Sara's shopping list or Things-To-Do on stage as a presage of things to come.
I went home and re-read some of the old stuff I wrote. Sheesh. They were bad!
We sat almost in front of the stage: David, Han, Sara and meself! There was the obligatory open mike session which was not so good but only a little less impressive - such audicity and courage! David nearly convinced me to read Sara's shopping list or Things-To-Do on stage as a presage of things to come.
I went home and re-read some of the old stuff I wrote. Sheesh. They were bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment