Met up with PY and RR tonight at Asia Cafe, which according to RR has everything he needs: Chicks, Food and Pool. Apparently, it also has funny titled porn. But then again, porn titles are generally rather amusing. But I digress. In fact all of us did tonight. Mostly towards sex.
I wanted to meet up with PY because I owed her some money. And since she was already meeting up with RR, I thought about asking them both about doing a radio show with me. The original idea I had was to do a show at the Centre of Independent Journalism (CIJ). It was conceived after a couple of visits to their headquarters in Ampang. I wanted to do a Sophie's World type of programme, introducing kids and the Malaysian public to philosophy. With possibly actors (i.e. me friends from VTC) playing the role of the major philosophers.
But after tonight's discussion. Everybody thought it was boring. Though they were quite nice about it. It was decided that we needed to do a more accessible show, perhaps a forum type of programme. For example, asking people whether "all was fair in love and war". And let it all flow naturally. I came up with another idea: "If you could be invisible, would you commit a crime?" I thought it would be fun to ask children these type of questions and do an analysis. This would include what philosophers thought about such an ethical quagmire. Other possible ideas include "Time travel: Is it possible to change the past? Would you do it?"
Out of nowhere, RR asked us whether we should do a TV programme instead. We decided that we were going to do one based on our experiences in VTC, which had many weird characters and plenty of drama. PY said we should spice it up by making them have sex with each other. RR said it would be totally cool/fucked up if we cast the people of VTC as themselves. PY said maybe we could have a Simon Cowell character auditioning the wannabe actors! I thought it would be really cool too, if we had Gavin Yap auditioning for the show and our judges huddle and our Simon says: "Nah... He's too Gavin Yap!" Hilarious!
Hence, it was resolved that each of us was to write an idea/synopsis/treatment for one episode. Due next year. I cant wait.
I wanted to meet up with PY because I owed her some money. And since she was already meeting up with RR, I thought about asking them both about doing a radio show with me. The original idea I had was to do a show at the Centre of Independent Journalism (CIJ). It was conceived after a couple of visits to their headquarters in Ampang. I wanted to do a Sophie's World type of programme, introducing kids and the Malaysian public to philosophy. With possibly actors (i.e. me friends from VTC) playing the role of the major philosophers.
But after tonight's discussion. Everybody thought it was boring. Though they were quite nice about it. It was decided that we needed to do a more accessible show, perhaps a forum type of programme. For example, asking people whether "all was fair in love and war". And let it all flow naturally. I came up with another idea: "If you could be invisible, would you commit a crime?" I thought it would be fun to ask children these type of questions and do an analysis. This would include what philosophers thought about such an ethical quagmire. Other possible ideas include "Time travel: Is it possible to change the past? Would you do it?"
Out of nowhere, RR asked us whether we should do a TV programme instead. We decided that we were going to do one based on our experiences in VTC, which had many weird characters and plenty of drama. PY said we should spice it up by making them have sex with each other. RR said it would be totally cool/fucked up if we cast the people of VTC as themselves. PY said maybe we could have a Simon Cowell character auditioning the wannabe actors! I thought it would be really cool too, if we had Gavin Yap auditioning for the show and our judges huddle and our Simon says: "Nah... He's too Gavin Yap!" Hilarious!
Hence, it was resolved that each of us was to write an idea/synopsis/treatment for one episode. Due next year. I cant wait.
1 comment:
hey i didn't know there was homework???
So did you get py in because you ow her money or did she just happen to be there ehh....
Post a Comment