We began as usual with some warm up exercises. I did sparkles!
Then we went on to discuss our individual evaluation script, which we were supposed to re-look/write and improve upon based on the list given after our last script writing session. I tell you, every week is a revelation. Everybody is getting dumped or dumping people or getting laid or abused or something. My life seems so dull. Sigh! Then we just sat around talking about the work. Somehow or other we started discussing the stupidity of schools.
I can’t remember much because I have a sieve for a memory. But I do remember Arif asking about the evaluation, “What right do you have to know about my past?” and questioned what was the purpose of the individual evaluation. I did not really understand what Arif was trying to say. But I guess it goes something like this: Arif believes that the individual evaluation was about our voice. It does not matter what the content is. It does not have to be about a personal experience. But if you have found your voice, the content becomes personalised and it will show. Your voice will be heard no matter what the writing is about. With his interestingly scripted piece, Arif was tyring to write about ironies in life.
Ghafir made an interesting point, which I will attempt to articulate: Arif is not wrong but it is worthwhile considering that one’s voice can be best heard when it relates to some personal experience or as in Arif’s case, about a slice of life. Sometimes one’s voice is loudest when relating a personal story.
What I think this means is that whether you want to tell some deep dark unmentionable secrets or say something about the world according to you or a character you are trying to portray or write for, it is vital to convey the importance of the piece to you/that character. When we write or perform something that we did not experience it becomes more difficult to relate to and what we cannot relate to tends to become unimportant. Which brings me to the first quote of the day which comes from Victor, who before being thrown out of the classroom asked his chemistry teacher (politely he added): “Cikgu, kenapa kita belajar ni?”
At around 8 pm, Edora finally showed up but still we did not manage to see our evaluation video after not sleeping for 4 days. She apologised profusely. Not necessary, I think, we love you for trying. She also shared with us 4 of her video installation works. Before that, we saw a clip she made and presented, on behalf of YAs, to Ghafir who will be leaving us. Sigh.
Afterwards, we trooped down to Chili’s at Bangsar Shopping Centre for dinner. There, many imparted their knowledge of oral pleasure or how to tell if you are being offered one at a KTV. Tip on how to pleasure your woman: Use a straw. Blow through it and she will feel it like a soft caress. For other tips: Read Mike’s blog.
Later, we decided to go back to sspace where we played Charades. The best was Mike doing - Dirty Dancing. After guessing correctly, Edora said “You call that dancing?” Just to see him dancing again, I made him do “Dirty Dancing 2”. Hilarity ensued.
Then we went on to discuss our individual evaluation script, which we were supposed to re-look/write and improve upon based on the list given after our last script writing session. I tell you, every week is a revelation. Everybody is getting dumped or dumping people or getting laid or abused or something. My life seems so dull. Sigh! Then we just sat around talking about the work. Somehow or other we started discussing the stupidity of schools.
I can’t remember much because I have a sieve for a memory. But I do remember Arif asking about the evaluation, “What right do you have to know about my past?” and questioned what was the purpose of the individual evaluation. I did not really understand what Arif was trying to say. But I guess it goes something like this: Arif believes that the individual evaluation was about our voice. It does not matter what the content is. It does not have to be about a personal experience. But if you have found your voice, the content becomes personalised and it will show. Your voice will be heard no matter what the writing is about. With his interestingly scripted piece, Arif was tyring to write about ironies in life.
Ghafir made an interesting point, which I will attempt to articulate: Arif is not wrong but it is worthwhile considering that one’s voice can be best heard when it relates to some personal experience or as in Arif’s case, about a slice of life. Sometimes one’s voice is loudest when relating a personal story.
What I think this means is that whether you want to tell some deep dark unmentionable secrets or say something about the world according to you or a character you are trying to portray or write for, it is vital to convey the importance of the piece to you/that character. When we write or perform something that we did not experience it becomes more difficult to relate to and what we cannot relate to tends to become unimportant. Which brings me to the first quote of the day which comes from Victor, who before being thrown out of the classroom asked his chemistry teacher (politely he added): “Cikgu, kenapa kita belajar ni?”
At around 8 pm, Edora finally showed up but still we did not manage to see our evaluation video after not sleeping for 4 days. She apologised profusely. Not necessary, I think, we love you for trying. She also shared with us 4 of her video installation works. Before that, we saw a clip she made and presented, on behalf of YAs, to Ghafir who will be leaving us. Sigh.
Afterwards, we trooped down to Chili’s at Bangsar Shopping Centre for dinner. There, many imparted their knowledge of oral pleasure or how to tell if you are being offered one at a KTV. Tip on how to pleasure your woman: Use a straw. Blow through it and she will feel it like a soft caress. For other tips: Read Mike’s blog.
Later, we decided to go back to sspace where we played Charades. The best was Mike doing - Dirty Dancing. After guessing correctly, Edora said “You call that dancing?” Just to see him dancing again, I made him do “Dirty Dancing 2”. Hilarity ensued.
1 comment:
but seriously you guys....you call that dancing?
oh well i better shut up before miguel starts coming out
;)
Post a Comment